Monday, March 12, 2012

Unedited

So i give to you my fellow ninja's this unedited image of me. Why do we need to edit images for the public consumption? I believe some images lose there importance or value to the photographer if the image is edited beyond their general liking. Yes, you can say some things could have been changed in this image in post processing, or even before I took this shot, but I digress. I feel that this unedited image serves to better communicate myself to my fellow ninjas.

So until next time,....shunpo!

Nikon D3100 with a 18-55mm lens mounted on a tripod
F5.6, 1", iso 100, WB AUTO at 55mm
Auto focus
Taken at 5:59pm on Sunday
 Only rotated in photoshop, nothing eles....

3 comments:

  1. It's relieving to know that I'm not the only one who isn't fond of the idea of image manipulation. Granted, it has its uses and can be used to enhance the image or create an original work of art, but when you start changing the image, what you end up with is not the original image anymore and to me, it's no longer photography but rather art. I don't think I'm one who will ever be a serious Photoshopper; I prefer to take a "hands-off" approach and make as few changes to the image as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you both feel that way. It's the true nature of photography to capture the moment as it was. There's no photoshop requirement on these so shoot and post however you like!

    ReplyDelete